Since yesterday, ChatGPT Pro subscribers have access to version 4 of Artificial Intelligence. In this blog post, we take a look at the latest development of OpenAI. We shed light on how the groundbreaking AI technology GPT-4 can transform online marketing by creating longer and more complex texts and even understanding images.
New generation: GPT-4, a multimodal AI
GPT-4, the latest generation of OpenAI’s AI system, is no longer a pure language model. It can handle not only text but also images, making it a multimodal model. This capability opens up new opportunities for online marketers, as they can now use both text and image input to create better content.
Creativity and context on a new level
OpenAI has announced that GPT-4 is more creative than its predecessors and is capable of processing and generating up to 25,000 characters of text. This allows online marketers to create longer and more complex content that uses both text and images. However, it should be noted that the model still tends not to always answer factually and sometimes confabulate.
Use cases for online marketing professionals
With GPT-4, online marketers can design their content in new and innovative ways:
- Image-based content: GPT-4 can combine image and text input to create relevant and engaging content. For example, you can provide a picture of ingredients for a recipe, and GPT-4 will suggest possible dishes that can be prepared from it.
- Creative Writing: GPT-4 can be used for creative and technical writing tasks, such as writing lyrics, scripts, or even imitating users’ style.
- Improved performance: GPT-4 has a 40% higher hit rate on facts than GPT-3.5 and is said to outperform most NLP tasks.
Availability and application possibilities of GPT-4
GPT-4 is offered in the paid offer GPT-4 Plus and as an API for developers to build their own applications and services. There are already some pilot clients using GPT-4, including the government of Iceland, language learning app Duolingo, Stripe and asset management at major bank Morgan Stanley. ChatGPT has been offering a GPT-4 mode to Plus subscribers since March 14, 2023.
Opportunities and risks of GPT-4 in online marketing
GPT-4 provides online marketers with a powerful way to create engaging and diverse content that includes both text and images. The improved performance and creativity of GPT-4 makes it possible to achieve even better results in online marketing. However, there are also some risks and challenges to consider when using GPT-4:
- Risk of unwanted content: Despite an 82% reduction in the likelihood of generating unwanted content, there is still a risk that GPT-4 can generate violent or harmful content.
- Inventions and fidelity: GPT-4 continues to tend not to always answer and “fantasize” in a factual manner. Online marketing professionals must therefore take care to carefully examine the content generated by GPT-4 and correct it if necessary. This applies, for example, to URLs, CVs and other facts about which GPT has little information. This is where the real strength of GPT – accurate guessing of plausible content – becomes a problem.
- Ethics and Responsibility: As with any AI technology, there is a responsibility to consider ethical issues related to the use of GPT-4, especially in terms of privacy, handling of personal data, and avoiding discrimination. GPT is trained with an ethically prepared model, i.e. does not provide neutral answers, but responds ideologically, according to the ethical views of OpenAI or a contemporary and subjective ethical consensus.
Practical experience and stones from GPT
The development of GPT and ChatGPT is fascinating and thought-provoking at the same time. Where this development is leading can be guessed from the enormous progress made by this technology, which is now being driven forward worldwide with many billions. Therefore, we would like to conclude by pointing out the milestones of this AI development.
|GPT-2||2019||Generates coherent English-language texts||Text completion, simple interviews|
|GPT-3||2020||Improved text generation, 175 billion parameters||Writing assistants, fine-tuning required|
|DALL-E||2021||Generation of images according to text specifications, all styles (also photorealistic)||Generation of free, unique images (comparable to CC0)|
|GPT-3.5||2022||Natural sounding conversations, code analysis/writing||Chatbots, concepts for blog posts, homework, master theses, etc.|
|GPT-4||2023||Complete articles, complex concepts||Create rich and engaging content|
DALL-E, a notable addition to the GPT family, was introduced in January 2021. Although it is not directly one of the GPT milestones, it is based on GPT-3 and demonstrates the versatility of GPT technology. DALL-E can create photorealistic images based on text input by combining image recognition and computational linguistics. This application illustrates the potential of GPT models, even beyond text generation, and expands the possibilities of artificial intelligence in various areas.
Conclusion: GPT-4 and the Future of Online Marketing
GPT-4 is an impressive step in the development of artificial intelligence, offering online marketers new ways to create rich and engaging content. The ability to process text and images opens up new horizons for content creation and design.
Despite the risks and challenges associated with using GPT-4, online marketers have the opportunity to use this innovative technology to achieve better results in their campaigns. By carefully monitoring and considering ethical issues, GPT-4 can be a valuable addition to online marketing and help move the industry forward.